Branches and limbs from the storm can be placed curb side for the Town to collect. The town has not placed restrictions on the length or diameter of branches, bundling etc. It would be helpful if the branches are cut to manageable sizes. As they are collecting from the entire town, it will take time (possibly weeks) for everything to be picked-up. Please be patient. The County will be doing their regular pick-up of branches with the usual restrictions (bundling, length etc.) beginning this week. Find out more about the Special collection from the County of Simcoe
Spring Planting of trees through the South Simcoe Streams Committee begins soon.
The streams committee plants native trees in flood zones to help rehabilitate the natural landscape. I will be planting on:
- April 30, 2016: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Coventry Park and
- May 11, 2016: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Beeton Creek.
For details on what to wear, where to meet and what to bring, please contact Silvia at 705-435-1540 x102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There are many more dates throughout the area so contact her for more information, This is also a good way for High School students to pick up some community hours!
Here are some of ways I have been working on your behalf to make our roads safer:
- I’ve asked the OPP to enforce the speed limit of 60 km/hr in Penville. I’ve also established a Community Safety Zone to be established at the east and west entrances to Penville.
- Reduction of the speed limit on the 4th Line West of the 10th Sideroad from 70 km/h to 60 km/h.
- The existing signage and sight lines on 6th Line and the 10th Sideroad intersection has been reviewed by staff for safety. This is on this weeks agenda and the recommendation from staff is to move the stop signs and stop bar on both sides of the 6th closer to the 10th. The long term solution is for road improvements at the intersection. Staff have asked for this to be a budget line for next year’s budget deliberations.
Remember to please contact me (cell: 905-936-9642) should you have any questions or concerns.