The deadline for getting you applications in to Jill Jones, Committee secretary was Friday, however she will accept applications until Monday the 26th. The Heritage Advisory Committee is in need of members. Check out the different committees » (PDF)
Ministry of the Environment meeting
Jim Wilson has invited Cindy Hood District Manager of the MOE (Ministry of Environment) to discuss dumping activities taking place at the Tottenham Airfield. The meeting is on Monday January 26, 2015 at The Memorial Arena at 10 a.m. I will be there. If you can not make it but have a question you would like asked on your behalf, please call or email me.
Budget still in deliberation
Council has reviewed the budget and the extras that are being proposed. I am focusing on repaving of the 15th Sideroad from the 3rd to the 6th line and there is support for this on Council. Council also agreed to a 2% COLA for staff and a grant of $27,000 to Matthew’s House Hospice.
Still up for discussion is:
- a efficiency audit of the Town for an estimated $93,000,
- Financial Assistance to Senior’s who are on the GIS and individuals on ODSP as a $450 property tax break (there would be an application process and maximum of $45,000 available),
- a mobile rock climbing wall for events ($35,000),
- Playfield upgrades ($20,000),
- Making Tottenham Splash pad barrier free ($5000) and many more.
Have questions or comments? The next meeting is tomorrow at 3 p.m. or you can call or email me.